Professional Brick Pointing and Masonry Repair Services
Solve Water Penetration, Strengthen the Bonds Between Bricks, and Add Years to the Life of Your Home or Commercial Building
There are many more reasons to undertake brick pointing than to simply replace any old unsightly mortar between the bricks. Naturally your property will look better, but a brick pointing repair will also help prevent a wide range of problems:
- Deterioration or continued deterioration of the masonry due to the freeze-thaw cycle
- Prevent water from entering in beyond the normal characteristics of masonry surfaces which can damage the inside of your home or building
- Costly structural repairs if not corrected early enough, while strengthening the overall structural integrity of your building’s exterior facade.
Garden State Brickface and Siding is one of New Jersey and New York’s premier masonry companies. With almost 65 years of experience, you can rely on our skilled, expert masons to evaluate the condition of your brickwork. We will look for weathered, crumbling and loose bricks; voids in brick joints; and weathered, cracked and joint separation of the mortar. If circumstances arise, we will test for water penetration and leakage, in addition to looking for water damage to help us determine the most important areas for brick repair, replacement and restoration.
After a thorough inspection, we will recommend a comprehensive solution to repair, restore and rejuvenate your brickwork with a variety of time-tested techniques: grinding/removing old mortar joints, spot pointing, tuckpointing, masonry pinning with helifix pins, masonry weatherproofing and sealers, and more.
Our Brick Pointing and Masonry Repair Services
Signs that Your Building Needs Brick Pointing
What to Look For
- Crumbling (spalling) bricks
- Loose, cracked or missing pointing
- Efflorescence or white staining
- Water spilling onto brickwork from gutters
- Internal or external damp patches
- Inappropriate mortars, paints and sealants used for maintenance work
- Cracks through the brickwork
- Bulging walls