If you’re a homeowner or someone who owns a commercial property, chances are you’ve heard the term cladding. You may have even been told that you can benefit from cladding services. But what does cladding mean and how does it work?
Garden State Brickface and Siding is a leading provider of premium building materials and siding services, including our Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS) for cladding, in central and northern New Jersey. We have over 70 years of experience. Here, we discuss what cladding is and the benefits it can provide to homeowners and business owners.
What Is Cladding?
The exterior surfaces of a commercial building or home are exposed. This leaves them susceptible to damage that can be caused by several factors, such as a fire, extreme weather conditions like severe cold and heat, and even pests. The exterior surface of a home or commercial property can also begin to show signs of aging due to normal wear and tear. Property owners can turn to cladding services to help in these scenarios.
The term cladding refers to the application of a material to the external surface of a structure to protect it or provide it with a new look. Cladding can be used to cover signs of damage or general wear and tear, as well as prevent it from progressing. There is a wide assortment of cladding options for property owners to choose from, such as:
- Fiber cement cladding: Made from a combination of sand, cement, cellulose fibers, and water
- Composite cladding: Manufactured from a hybrid of wood and plastic
- Wood/timber cladding: One of the most natural materials used to construct cladding
- Stone cladding: Made up of layers of natural stone
- Tile cladding: Handmade tiles help the property stand out
- Glass cladding: A modern aesthetic that allows plenty of natural light in
Why Property Owners Should Consider Cladding
Cladding is an effective technique that can provide property owners with several benefits. Reasons you should consider cladding include:
- Protect your structure: Cladding helps keep your home or commercial building protected from extreme temperatures, high-velocity wind, water damage, pests, and more.
- Change your building’s aesthetic: Property owners can revitalize the look of their building while providing it with superior protection when they elect for cladding services.
- Minimize the need for maintenance: Building surfaces with cladding often don’t require as much upkeep.
- Improve energy efficiency: With a layer of cladding material, buildings will retain heat much more efficiently, helping save energy and keep utility costs down.
- Increase your building’s durability: Cladding acts as a reinforcement that helps make structures stronger and increases their durability.
- Help reduce noise: The extra surface layer that’s provided with the cladding application helps lower noise pollution, creating a much quieter and more peaceful setting for residents or customers.
EIFS at Garden State Brickface and Siding
Garden State Brickface and Siding offers clients an option called the Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS). It is a non-load-bearing, multilayer cladding system for the exterior of residential or commercial buildings. The EIFS cladding material is made up of three main components:
- Interior insulation board (attached adhesively or mechanically)
- Integrally reinforced base coat
- Textured, protective finish
The purpose of the cladding system is to provide exterior walls with an insulated finished surface and energy-efficient thermal wrapping. The protective material can also help improve a structure’s water resistance. Drainage solutions can be included with EIFS, which allows the moisture that may accumulate in the wall cavity to evacuate. EIFS with drainage can be used on almost any substrate.
What’s more, Garden State Brickface and Siding performs EIFS services without mechanical fasteners, eliminating penetrations that could compromise the integrity of your structure.
To better serve the needs of our clients, Garden State Brickface and Siding offers a full spectrum of EIFS services:
- Installation and removal of EIFS
- Sealer and flashing installations
- Caulking, sealing, flashing, and crack repairs
- Painting and maintenance
- Power washing
Learn More About Cladding
The exterior of your home or office provides curb appeal and protection from the elements. Whether you own a home or a commercial property, you want to protect your investment. Specializing in stucco, stone veneer, brickface, and vinyl siding installation and repair, Garden State Brickface and Siding is here to help. We offer premium build materials to clients in central and northern New Jersey, including Sussex and Hunterdon counties, designed to enhance the overall look of a building and strengthen its durability.