What You Need to Know About Stone Veneers
Garden State Brickface creates a hand-carved stone look at affordable price
While it is popular and boosts curb appeal, hand-carved stone face can be expensive and burdensome. But alternatives offered by Garden State Brickface are changing that.
Garden State Brickface is well known for its stucco hand-carved stone face, which was created in the 1960s. Back then, the only options for a stone look was to use real stone, which was heavy, time consuming to install and expensive, or hand-carved stucco.
But with manufactured stone veneer, a home or business can have a stone face that looks great, adds value and comes in a wide variety of looks.
Stone face was a popular option for buildings for decades until manufactured stone veneer became a viable alternative. Garden State Brickface made the switch in 2015 for a variety of reasons, and it has been popular ever since when it comes to adding curb appeal to a home or business.
Following are some features and benefits of manufactured stone veneer:
• It is fabricated using a lightweight concrete mix to ensure strength and durability
• Dozens of different styles and shapes
• Wide variety of color options
• Overall look resembles real stone
Important factors when considering manufactured stone veneer and deciding which product is best suited to your project include:
• Price point
• Installation time
• Product weight
• Final appearance
• Product longevity
Garden State Brickface installs manufactured stone veneer as a decorative covering for exterior wall surfaces. The veneer is typically 1 to 1.5 inches thick and must weigh less than 15 pounds per square foot, so that no additional structural supports will be required.
Some additional features and benefits of manufactured stone veneer include:
• It will remain consistent in its shape and color overtime
• Looks great without depleting or eroding the environment
• Generally, less expensive
• Lighter and less difficult to work with
• Specifically designed for easy installation and will stay in place permanently
One versus the other — Manufactured Stone Veneer vs.Natural Stone
• Manufactured stone veneer weighs less than natural stone
• Natural stone is more expensive
• Natural stone, in some cases, requires additional reinforcement to maintain weight which adds to the cost
• Natural stone depletes and erodes the environment
• More customization with natural stone will add more to the cost
• Manufactured stone veneer is made to look real and consistent like natural stone
• Manufactured stone veneer is simpler to work with compared to natural stone
• Manufactured stone veneer offers a wide variety of profiles, colors and styles
Did you know? Manufactured stone veneer adds value to your home. According to the 2020 Cost vs. Value Report, you can recoup up to 95.6% of the value of manufactured stone veneer. This makes it a natural choice when considering options to boost your home's curb appeal.
Manufactured stone veneer is a user-friendly and lightweight option for your home and business exterior. It is available in numerous colors, textures and styles. It can be applied to almost any wall surface both on the inside and outside of a home or business.
When it comes to natural stone versus manufactured stone veneer, stone veneer always wins. It's cheaper, weighs less and has a variety of choices. Stone veneer is less expensive to produce,and that is passed on to the consumer, with the added benefit of not damaging the environment by extracting real stone from our natural resources.
The stone of choice for Garden State Brickface is Dutch Quality Stone; which is created by a tight-knit group of local artisans from Ohio's Amish Country. Dutch Quality Stone veneers offer all the unique qualities of natural stone in a wide range of dependable, easy-to-install manufactured stone veneer options for residential homes and commercial properties. The high standards of tradition and craftsmanship are applied to modern processes to create the look, beauty and longevity of this product, which makes all the difference.